php - Docker Compose and Xdebug not working in PhpStorm
I've tried many things trying to let work Xdebug in a Docker container. I came in contact with these resources:
- Setting up Xdebug with Docker Compose and WordPress image
- Installing XDebug in Docker
- Starting The Debugger
- Zero-configuration Web Application Debugging with Xdebug and PhpStorm
- Xdebug & Zend Debugger bookmarklets generator for PhpStorm
- Configure Xdebug
- Troubleshooting common PHP debugging issues
- .. and other
I think the problem is either something with the ports that I don't understand, or it is something with the debugger session not being started or recognized. For the debugger session I have also tried to install a browser extension that sets a cookie.
I ended up at least to have separate containers, one as dev container with enabled Xdebug.
version: "3" services: production: build: . ports: - "8000:80" volumes: - .:/var/www/html development: build: . ports: - "8080:80" # - "10000:80" also not working volumes: - .:/var/www/html - ./dev.php.ini:/usr/local/etc/php/php.ini
FROM php:7.4.0-apache RUN pecl install xdebug \ && docker-php-ext-enable xdebug
xdebug.remote_enable=on xdebug.remote_host=host.docker.internal xdebug.remote_port=10000 xdebug.idekey=PHPSTORM
localhost:8080 phpinfo data