Step by step tutorial on installing OpenCart Extensions. (opencart add-ons) Developed on vQmod The article will take you through 1) How to install vQmod 2) Installing OpenCart extensions through FTP 3) Common problems and errors faced during installations
There is no unified way to install an extension, it can be a plain module or can use vQmod or some other approach.
However, in most cases directory structure of the extension corresponds with directory structure of openCart itself. If it has same folders, like catalog/ or admin/, you just upload them on top of the openCart folders (but back up your current files first).
But if unsure, the best way would be to look for installation instructions, and if there are none, contact the developer.
The extension you mentioned has this under Documentation tab:
Just need to find the text and replace with my code.
Without knowing the content of the extension, it's hard to say what exactly does it mean though.
As for activation, if the extension is a module, you go to Extensions - Modules in admin, find your extension there and click Install. In many cases, no activation is needed, it'll be active as soon as you upload the files. In other cases it may have its' own installation / activation script.
Goto your admin panel, In the 'Extension' menu, click on the 'Extension Installer', then upload your file.. after completion, under the Extension menu , click on Modifications'. and on the top right there is an option for refresh changes and install the module if it doesn't installed automatically..
People are also looking for solutions to the problem: php - mysql query search when record value insterted with real escape string
Didn't find the answer?
Our community is visited by hundreds of web development professionals every day. Ask your question and get a quick answer for free.
Write quick answer
Do you know the answer to this question? Write a quick response to it. With your help, we will make our community stronger.
Find the answer in similar questions on our website.
- 973 php - Sort a 2d array by its name column but ignoring the names' prefixes
- 421 php - Sort associative array by corresponding values in another array from largest to smallest
- 99 php - Jquery Autocomplete to populate tree based sepearated by a string
- 689 php - Insert elements from one array (one-at-a-time) after every second element of another array (un-even zippering)
- 840 php - Absolute positioned span not resizing accordingly
- 473 php - Merge deep groups of rows by their numeric key and sum column values while grouping
- 592 php - how to delete row items and fadeout in ajax jquery
- 621 php - displays data with a different sign from the database
- 878 php - Warning while exporting DB using phpMyAdmin
- 393 php - Multiple rules/error messages inside a custom rule in RespectValidation?
- 273 iCloud Web Service Server-to-Server Authentication in PHP
- 64 php - process popup on ajax and don't display on html
- 49 php - Laravel date validation in model